Kudos to the Super Bowl winning Seattle Seahawks! I'll admit it, I was pulling for Denver. But I like to recognize excellence when I see it, and Seattle played an excellent game. I was just doing some research on their coach, Pete Carroll. As a college football coach he led the USC Trojans to two National Championships (2003, 2004). And yesterday he led the Seattle Seahawks to the biggest upset Super bowl win in history -- Seattle had been picked to loose by 2, and won by 35. Carroll, 62, looks at least 10 years younger than his age, is only the third coach to win both a National Championship and a Super Bowl.
Here are some quotes from Super Bowl winning Coach Pete Carroll.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- We have proven the value about focusing on the very thing that's right in front of you and maximizing every drop of the opportunity to have a great time today.
- Help people be the best they can be.
- Over the years, I’ve always found myself looking for guys that maybe other people don’t see something special in, and maybe we take a chance on a guy here or there that needs some extra consideration and care
- It’s about grit to me, that’s what we’re looking for in guys, and that’s that competitiveness, that mentality of there’s no obstacle too big. They never give in to the thought that they can’t win.
Do you think Coach Carroll’s words apply to life as a disciple of Jesus Christ? If excellence is a habit ,then what new habits do we need to form?
Grace & Peace,